Each year YouTube releases a video summary of all the memes, trends, and talking points of the past 12 months, and in true fashion of YouTube 2017, the video has already been demonetized.
It is unclear why the video was demonetized so quickly; YouTube are not giving YouTube any answers on the decision. Users on the site have postulated as to why it was demonetized: perhaps it was deemed ‘not suitable for all advertisers’ due to walking male genitalia Jake Paul’s cameo, or maybe the infamous demonetization AI couldn’t keep up with it’s constant workload and hurt itself in its confusion.
A spokesperson for YouTube said: “We have appealed the demonetization and a manual review is pending but apparently YouTube will take up to 10 working days to get back to us. We didn’t realize the system was so inefficient, but unfortunately there’s nothing we can do about it.”
An anonymous source at YouTube revealed exclusively to us that there were talks of removing the video altogether due to “a misleading title, it’s called YouTube Rewind 2017 but none of us could tell you who 90% of the featured YouTubers were. Then again, no one knew what the fuck was happening in the video for the most part, and if that’s not a perfect reflection of YouTube in 2017 then I don’t know what is.”
- “1000 Subscribers Is An Unobtainable Goal!” Cry Children Who Want To Be E-Famous The End Of YouTube Is Nigh - January 17, 2018
- Logan Paul Cancels Vlogging Trip To Auschwitz - January 8, 2018
- Scotland To Decide On Whether Having A Sense Of Humour Is An Offence The Ballad Of Count Dankula - January 5, 2018
- YouTube Confirms: “Jake And Logan Paul Can Do What They Want, We Don’t Care!” - January 2, 2018
- Taylor Swift To Be Offered Job As Major Political Advisor To The White House - December 9, 2017