If you are thinking about homeschooling let me give you some encouragement, you can do it!
I have been homeschooling for eleven years now! (My goodness, am I really that old!?) My oldest is 15-years-old and my youngest is a year old.
We are not wealthy- far from it! So, let me help walk you through some tips and tricks because it’s never been easier to homeschool any child, at any age!
First, find out the laws in your state. Don’t be scared! Some states have no laws around homeschooling, you are free to do what you want, but other states are very strict, however, don’t let that frighten you!
There are mom’s online who have dedicated decades of their lives to making easy “work arounds” to these laws no matter where you live! It just takes a little Googling. I also recommend joining a Facebook group for homeschoolers in your state. Many homeschool mom’s are happy to help newbies walk through the process in their area.
Second, you can purchase curriculum of you like. Some of my personal favorites are Live Education, Christopherus, Sonlight, and Catholic Heritage. We also enjoy Reading Eggs and Math Seeds. You can adjust these curriculums as you see fit, based your personal beliefs.
However, there is free curriculum available too! You can find outlines online that will tell you what to teach and when. My favorites include; Millennial Child, Teaching with God’s Heart for the World, Ambleside Online, Khan Academy and Easy Peasy.
If you have a few hours per day (homeschool does not take as long as a classroom setting) and a desire to give your children a personalized education, I’m here to tell you, you won’t regret this investment!
- San Francisco Has Become A Literal Sh*thole Import the third world (and their values), become the third world - September 18, 2018
- What Can Man Do To Me? - September 14, 2018
- Sadly, Burt Reynolds Had No Biological Children Like Many in His Generation, Burt Didn't Leave A Biological Legacy - September 6, 2018
- Simon Baron-Cohen Advocates NOT Preventing Autism In a Tweet so bizarre most think it's a parody, this far-Left account manages to stun even battle worn conservatives - September 6, 2018
- CNN Money Reads Like a 13-Year-Old Girl’s Blog Post CNN, Butthurt by Info Wars Superior Ratings, Moans and Gloats Over Moves From Apple Against Free Speech - August 6, 2018