WWE Superstar Brock Lesnar has signed a deal with UFC to fight at UFC 200 on July 9th against Mark Hunt. Lesnar has not fought in the octagon since 2011 when he lost to Allistar Overeem. Lesnar retired after that fight and has been in WWE ever since. Many had thought, including myself, that Lesnar was done with UFC after he signed a multi-year contract with WWE last year. This is equally beneficial for the WWE. The cross promotion will be extremely valuable for the wrestling organization.
I am very surprised that Vince McMahon, the owner of the WWE, agreed to let Lesnar fight in the UFC while still under contract. McMahon is generally very strict and doesn’t allow his superstars to fight in other promotions. Lesnar is the first to do this. Lesnar called himself the modern-day Bo Jackson in an interview this morning and that made me chuckle a little. He still has a lot of milestones to hit before that comparison becomes legitimate.
- Misdirected Anger - February 23, 2018
- Democrat Mega-Donor Tied To Hillary, John Podesta & Soros Now Target of Sexual Assault Investigation - January 30, 2018
- Twitter’s Crackdown Ramps Up Today - December 18, 2017
- Kentucky State Rep. Kills Self, Leaves Suicide Note - December 14, 2017
- Report: Saudi King To Step Down Next Week A source close to the Saudi king told the British Daily Mail in an exclusive interview that King Salman plans to step down and name his son, Mohammad bin Salman, as his heir; Bin Salman recently arrest more than 40 princes and senior ministers for alleged corruption—a move that shook the kingdom to its core. - November 17, 2017