BATON ROUGE, La. – At least three police officers were killed and several officers wounded in a shootout in Baton Rouge, reports CBS affiliate WAFB.
Police responded to a report of officers shot at a location on Airline Highway near Old Hammond Highway around 9 a.m., WAFB reports.
Baton Rouge police are still processing the situation, which has apparently ended. Few details have been released.
Earlier Sunday, Sgt. Don Coppola with the Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed to WAFB that “multiple officers (were) struck by gunfire.”
The shooting happened near the B Quick store on Airline Highway. Coppola said that authorities believe the “scene is contained,” meaning that a shooter was unlikely on the loose.
“I do not have the extent of the injuries,” Sgt. Coppola told WAFB. “We’re hearing that it may also include some deputies [with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office], but that’s preliminary information and I’m waiting on confirmation.” More info to follow.
- Twitter’s Crackdown Ramps Up Today - December 18, 2017
- Kentucky State Rep. Kills Self, Leaves Suicide Note - December 14, 2017
- Report: Saudi King To Step Down Next Week A source close to the Saudi king told the British Daily Mail in an exclusive interview that King Salman plans to step down and name his son, Mohammad bin Salman, as his heir; Bin Salman recently arrest more than 40 princes and senior ministers for alleged corruption—a move that shook the kingdom to its core. - November 17, 2017
- 13 House Republicans Vote Against Tax Bill - November 16, 2017
- Roy Moore Gives Gloria Allred 48 Hours to Release Yearbook, Demands Evidence Be Preserved - November 16, 2017