Donald Trump officially became the Republican Party’s nominee on Tuesday after a roll call vote.
Trump reached the threshold of 1,237 delegates shortly after 7 p.m. Eastern time, with votes cast by delegates from his home state of New York.
Trump’s winning votes were cast by his son, Donald Trump Jr, who spoke for the New York delegation.
“It is my honor to be able to throw Donald Trump over the top in the delegate count tonight,” he said. “Congratulations, Dad, we love you!”
The convention then broke into applause, as a band played Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York,” with the jumbotron in the Quicken Loans Arena displaying the words “Over the Top!”
- Taylor Swift Enters The Political Arena On The Losing Side - October 8, 2018
- Jordan Hunt, AKA “Cuck Norris” Unemployed After Kicking Pro-Life Woman - October 6, 2018
- Remembering My Brother Christopher - September 11, 2018
- Just One Example Of The Democrat’s Hypocrisy - September 6, 2018
- People Still Let Mainstream Media Manipulate Them - June 25, 2018