Donald Trump officially became the Republican Party’s nominee on Tuesday after a roll call vote.
Trump reached the threshold of 1,237 delegates shortly after 7 p.m. Eastern time, with votes cast by delegates from his home state of New York.
Trump’s winning votes were cast by his son, Donald Trump Jr, who spoke for the New York delegation.
“It is my honor to be able to throw Donald Trump over the top in the delegate count tonight,” he said. “Congratulations, Dad, we love you!”
The convention then broke into applause, as a band played Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York,” with the jumbotron in the Quicken Loans Arena displaying the words “Over the Top!”
- Similar Apps Like TweakBox – Full Guide - January 19, 2019
- The Manufacturer - January 11, 2019
- Wilkesboro Home Schoolers Save On Tax Free Weekend - January 8, 2019
- “But, Real Socialism Has Never Been Tried” - December 18, 2018
- WikiLeaks Dismisses Gaurdian News That Manafort Held Secret Talks With Assange In Ecuadorian Embassy Guardian says Trump ally met WikiLeaks founder months before emails hacked by Russia were published - November 27, 2018