Daily Mail- President Donald Trump has accepted North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un’s dramatic offer to meet, the White House has confirmed.
The meeting was first announced by South Korea’s national security adviser Chung Eui-yong, who claimed it was due to take place by the end of May.
However, a statement from the White House did not confirm the two-month timeplan, and said the place and time of the meeting was still being worked out.
The announcement was welcomed by governments around the world, with praise from the UK, Russia and Australia.
‘President Trump greatly appreciates the nice words of the South Korean delegation and President Moon. He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined,’ White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said an hour after South Korea’s announcement.
‘We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.’
- Trump cancels Kim Jong Un summit citing ‘open hostility’ of North Korea - May 24, 2018
- Mueller Requested His Russian Collusion Trial Be Delayed Indefinitely This is the second time Mueller has requested a delay - May 24, 2018
- FROM 2015: TRAITOR SENATORS TOOK MONEY FROM IRAN LOBBY, BACK IRAN NUKES The Democrats are becoming a party of atom bomb spies. - May 17, 2018
- Breaking: Shooting reported at California high school, sheriff says - May 11, 2018
- Half of all Americans now live in ‘sanctuaries’ protecting immigrants - May 11, 2018