Daily Mail- President Donald Trump has accepted North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un’s dramatic offer to meet, the White House has confirmed.
The meeting was first announced by South Korea’s national security adviser Chung Eui-yong, who claimed it was due to take place by the end of May.
However, a statement from the White House did not confirm the two-month timeplan, and said the place and time of the meeting was still being worked out.
The announcement was welcomed by governments around the world, with praise from the UK, Russia and Australia.
‘President Trump greatly appreciates the nice words of the South Korean delegation and President Moon. He will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined,’ White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said an hour after South Korea’s announcement.
‘We look forward to the denuclearization of North Korea. In the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain.’
- Trump Accepts Kim Jong-Un’s Invitation To Meet In May - March 9, 2018
- Are Guns The Problem? - March 6, 2018
- Foreign Collusion: Bernie Sanders Fined For Illegally Coordinating With Australian Labor Party - March 1, 2018
- RASMUSSEN POLL: TRUMP APPROVAL 7% HIGHER THAN OBAMA AT SAME TIME OF PRESIDENCY - February 28, 2018
- The Shocking History Of Sexual Misconduct Within James Comey’s FBI - February 26, 2018