Authorities have identified the gunman as army veteran Ian David Long, 28, of Newbury Park, in the shooting that killed 12 at bar in California.
A tall, hooded man dressed in black opened fire late Wednesday during “college night” at a crowded country dance bar in Southern California, killing 11 people and a sheriff’s sergeant.
The shooter used a 45 caliber handgun for the shootings and drove his mother’s car to the Borderline Bar and Grill in this small city, about an hour north of Los Angeles. The man was found dead in the bar, but authorities don’t know if he died from suicide or from a law enforcement bullet.
Developing story at USA Today
- Death Of Russiagate? Mueller Team Tied To Mifsud’s Network - January 22, 2019
- Report: DOJ pursuing criminal charges against Huawei for theft of tech - January 22, 2019
- Little Lever: Woman and two children found dead in house - January 22, 2019
- Meet the Blexiteers: 'There Are More Options Than Just Being Democrat' - January 22, 2019
- When your dad decides to do the same apprenticeship as you - January 21, 2019