On Saturday, I made my way to Cleveland because I was given the opportunity to see the highly anticipated sequel of last year’s most cringe-worthy event. This event being the Women’s March. Now, of course, I did not do this because I was ideologically in line with the demonstrators, but to experience the preposterous nature of the modern American (so called) left-wing. It was surreal, to say the least. I found myself in a sea of “pussy hats” populated by women who have not garnered male attention in at least about half a decade, and men who had testosterone levels of 10 year-old girls. I witnessed a world I had only seen before on the internet. Each sign and slogan was more ridiculous than the last.
One of the first things I noticed were the countless inconsistencies. We were welcomed by a woman with a bullhorn lecturing everyone in the vicinity about the evils of capitalism only to be immediately followed by the advertising of shirts and buttons, which were outrageously expensive to no one’s surprise. The signs they carried warrant an entire article of their own. What one would consider empowering and inspiring, another would consider bigoted and transphobic. “Women oppressed, Trump bad,” seemed to be the only unifying idea amongst the marchers, and even many criticisms of the president were either vague or unfounded. They also sung the praises of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton with similar vague and unfounded claims. They fared even worse under direct questioning. Many just deflected and others outright just stopped responding.
If I had to describe the march in one phrase, “neoliberal self-aggrandizement,” would be it. Many complained of irrelevant issues such as Trump’s Twitter, or an alleged patriarchy while ignoring female genital mutilation which is happening in a place as close as Dearborn, Michigan. Fortunately, the turnout was smaller than I expected and many of the women there were either in their late 20s or older. Overall, I was happy that it happened, especially the way it did, as it will help put an end to this incarnation of feminism.
- Democrats Are Trying To Steal Florida’s Elections Rubio Warns Florida’s Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes, head of Broward County’s election board, has repeatedly been accused of misconduct - November 9, 2018
- Thousand Oaks Gunman Identified Shooter Was Ian David Long, A military veteran - November 8, 2018
- Reporter Fired After Trashing GOP Michigan Senate Candidate John James On Voicemail - November 6, 2018
- MSNBC REPORTER MARIANA ATENCIO USES HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOT FOR LIVE SHOT Disabled Vet Needed Parking Spot Early Voting - November 5, 2018
- My First Vote - November 4, 2018