For over a decade, we have been treated to the absolute demonization of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange by the mainstream media. The man once adored by liberals and detested by conservatives for exposing Bush era scandals was cast aside the moment he decided to attack one of their own and go after the Obama administration. Assange has now found himself in the favor of conservatives after helping propel Donald Trump to victory. However, one thing has remained consistent, he remains a fugitive.
Today a British court decided to uphold Assange’s arrest warrant. This comes as a surprise to many and an expected disappointment to others. This move follows the Swedish government’s decision to drop the highly politicized rape charges against Assange in May 2017. Assange still faces heavy charges in the US as well, in which his arrest would likely lead to extradition and possible execution.
Fortunately, Ecuador has granted Julian Assange citizenship, but his arrest warrant being upheld still prevents him from leaving the embassy. As it stands, Assange will be looking at his sixth year in the Ecuadorian embassy.
Assange still remains a polarizing figure. He is viewed as a hero performing a great service by some, a reckless criminal who shakes confidence in governments by others, and some have even gone as far as to label him a foreign agent.
- Jake Tapper Lets Students Attack and Boo Dana Loesch, 2A Advocate and Rape Survivor at Town Hall on Guns - February 22, 2018
- The #NeverAgain Gang - February 21, 2018
- Michael Moore Participated In Russia-Sponsored Anti-Trump Rally - February 20, 2018
- FBI Admits It Mishandled Tip On Florida Shooter - February 16, 2018
- MSM Push Fake News Trump Made It Easier for Mentally Ill to Buy Guns - February 16, 2018