As the obituaries for actor Burt Reynolds roll out in the wake of the Thursday heart attack which claimed his life, many state that Burt is survived by his son, Quinton Anderson Reynolds. However, what many don’t realize is that Quinton, who entered Burt’s family while he was married to actress Loni Anderson, is adopted and that Burt has no biological children.
Burt and Loni adopted Quinton as a newborn, shortly after the two were married. According to an article released at the time, they intended to also have biological children but at ages 44 and 52, it appears no biological children ever came.
A divorce only five years later seemed to seal the deal. It was the second time that a relationship with an older woman cost Burt precious baby-making time.
While in his 20s Burt had a long time relationship with Dinah Shore, who was 20 years his senior. While he loved her very much the two reportedly broke up because she could not give him children, something he desperately wanted.
Perhaps it was because Burt settled down too late in life, maybe it was because of undisclosed medical issues, but regardless of the reason, whatever made the English, German, Scottish, and Dutch, Burt Reynolds the swaggering, talented, man’s man he was – will unfortunately die with him today.
Through the miracle and blessing of adoption Burt was able to be a dad and no doubt he loved his son Quinton every bit as much as if Quinton was his biologi child but the question lingers, why did so many in Burt’s generation have so few children compared to the generations before them?
Why were so many of our boldest, brightest and most talented people removed from the genetic pool in the 1960s, 70s and 80s? What forces within our society brought about this radical change where now, people of Burt’s background, face steep population decline – so steep they may never recover?
Whatever forces are behind this childless trend, may we identify and remove them quickly. It may be too late for Burt, but for millions of Americans you still have time.
Don’t let your best years pass you by.
- San Francisco Has Become A Literal Sh*thole Import the third world (and their values), become the third world - September 18, 2018
- What Can Man Do To Me? - September 14, 2018
- Sadly, Burt Reynolds Had No Biological Children Like Many in His Generation, Burt Didn't Leave A Biological Legacy - September 6, 2018
- Simon Baron-Cohen Advocates NOT Preventing Autism In a Tweet so bizarre most think it's a parody, this far-Left account manages to stun even battle worn conservatives - September 6, 2018
- CNN Money Reads Like a 13-Year-Old Girl’s Blog Post CNN, Butthurt by Info Wars Superior Ratings, Moans and Gloats Over Moves From Apple Against Free Speech - August 6, 2018