Actor Robert De Niro kicked off the 17th annual Tribeca Film Festival Wednesday with a fiery speech, in which he applauded reporters as “saviors” and called President Donald Trump a “madman.”
“Look at all the Fake News writers here today,” the two-time Oscar-winner joked in front of a crowd of reporters at the Thalassa Restaurant.
“The country has had a bad year, and you — the press – have taken a lot of hits. America is being run by a madman who wouldn’t recognize the truth if it came inside a bucket of his beloved Colonel Sanders Fried Chicken,” De Niro continued. “When he doesn’t like what he hears, he dismisses it by saying it’s un-American and damning it as ‘fake news.’ But we know the truth. All thinking people do.”
“Your job is difficult enough without being attacked by our Lowlife-in-Chief. The press has done an admirable job this past year,” he said. “We’re looking at journalists as our saviors, in the same way we used to look at our political leaders.”
I don’t blame De Niro for calling the press “saviors.” Nobody in the mainstream media has reported Robert De Niro’s dealings with a prostitution ring that traffics underage girls.
De Niro, who was a friend of the disgraced Hollywood mogul, Harvey Weinstein, is in no position to judge the President. Casual followers of the media wouldn’t know that, as they get their news from the establishment.
- Similar Apps Like TweakBox – Full Guide - January 19, 2019
- The Manufacturer - January 11, 2019
- Wilkesboro Home Schoolers Save On Tax Free Weekend - January 8, 2019
- “But, Real Socialism Has Never Been Tried” - December 18, 2018
- WikiLeaks Dismisses Gaurdian News That Manafort Held Secret Talks With Assange In Ecuadorian Embassy Guardian says Trump ally met WikiLeaks founder months before emails hacked by Russia were published - November 27, 2018