NEW YORK (WABC) —
A New York City man captured a photo of an unusual beam of light reflecting off One World Trade days before the 15th anniversary of the terror attacks of September 11, 2001.
Ben Sturner said he looks out at the World Trade Center from Long Island City in Queens each morning – and hasn’t seen anything like he saw at 7:11 a.m. Thursday.
The self-professed amateur photographer described it as a “weird, reflective light.” It was there for about 10 minutes.
At first, Sturner said he was reluctant to post his photo to social media because he was unsure how people would react to it, but ended up sharing it hours later. He thought it would help lift people’s spirits.
This isn’t Sturner’s first experience in capturing a rare event surrounding the 9/11 anniversary. Last year, the marketing agency owner captured the photo below of a rainbow appearing to be coming from the World Trade Center on the day before the 14th anniversary of the attacks.
- Remembering My Brother Christopher - June 27, 2018
- People Still Let Mainstream Media Manipulate Them - June 25, 2018
- CNN Host Who Was Bullied On Twitter By Clinton Staffer Hangs Self - June 8, 2018
- Robert De Niro Rips Trump At Tribeca - April 19, 2018
- A Theory Regarding The Bombing of Syria 4/14/18, by Sal - April 15, 2018