The principal of an elementary school in Manchester, Nebraska is on leave after releasing this directive to staff.
In it she notes things that are acceptable and unacceptable.
The unacceptable include:
- Santas or Christmas items (clipart) on worksheets
- Christmas trees in classrooms
- Elf on the Shelf – that’s Christmas-related
- Singing Christmas Carols
- Playing Christmas music
- Sending a Scholastic book that is a Christmas book – that’s Christmas-related
- Making a Christmas ornament as a gift – This assumes that the family has a Christmastree which assumes they celebrate Christmas. I challenge the thought of, “Well they canjust hang it somewhere else.
- ”Candy Cane – that’s Christmas-related. Historically, the shape is a “J” for Jesus. The red isfor the blood of Christ, and the white is a symbol of his resurrection. This would alsoinclude different colored candy canes.
- Red/Green items – traditional Christmas colors
- ReindeerChristmas videos/movies and/or characters from Christmas movies
The absurd directive was made aware to The Liberty Council , an organization that fights Christian discrimination.
A spokesperson for Elkhorn Public Schools says that the principal, Jennifer Sinclair, is a new at Manchester Elementary and did not consult with administrators about school policy concerning the handling of religious holiday themes.
- Principal in Nebraska not a Pal of Christmas - December 7, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 65 Guest Pat Dixon - December 5, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 63 “Insane Caravan Posse” Guest Zidan - October 23, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 62 “Twitter Trolling 101” Guest Spicci - October 19, 2018
- Saudi That May Have Help Kill Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Dies in Car Crash - October 18, 2018