Daily Caller- Angry students at the University of Maryland, College Park were in an uproar on Tuesday because someone claimed to discover a piece of plastic wrap vaguely coiled into the shape of a noose.
Two unidentified people found the tangled, frayed strip of plastic lying partially on a sidewalk near fraternity row, reports The Diamondback, the University of Maryland student newspaper.
— Jaime Hurtado (@Protect_UMD) June 27, 2017
The people who found the plastic wrap took it for a noose and hastily reported it to campus police “out of concern for possible hate-bias,” according to statement released by school administrators.
“Preliminary investigation reveals that this type of material is used to contain loose items during transport,” the report also said, according to Campus Reform.
“Out of an abundance of caution, we are looking into this matter and conducting a review of our cameras in the area.”
On Twitter, some students said they are upset because police have concluded that the plastic wrap on the ground is not a noose-shaped instrument of “hate-bias” but is instead merely a piece of litter.
Read more at The Daily Caller
- WikiLeaks Dismisses Gaurdian News That Manafort Held Secret Talks With Assange In Ecuadorian Embassy Guardian says Trump ally met WikiLeaks founder months before emails hacked by Russia were published - November 27, 2018
- Geraldo Rivera Sucks - November 26, 2018
- Gowdy To Investigate Ivanka Trump’s Emails - November 21, 2018
- Taylor Swift Enters The Political Arena On The Losing Side - October 8, 2018
- Jordan Hunt, AKA “Cuck Norris” Unemployed After Kicking Pro-Life Woman - October 6, 2018