UK Independence Party leader Paul Nuttall is expected to be announced as the party’s candidate for the Stoke Central by-election.
ITV News have reported that they believe Nuttall, who was elected leader in November, was selected and an official announcement is expected to be made soon.
UKIP need to overturn a 5,000 majority held by the Labour Party in Stoke Central, dubbed ‘Brexit Central’ as approximately 65% of the city of Stoke in general voted to Leave the EU in last summer’s referendum. It’s believed that not only have UKIP prepared to launch a big campaign drive in Stoke, but will also have the help of Nigel Farage, who is due to attend the inauguration of President Elect Trump. It’s thought that Farage will aid Nuttall in the constituency in order to secure the seat, which would give the party its second MP in Westminster.
- “UNCONSCIONABLE” – Krishna Maharaj’s 30-year battle for freedom NMC's Jack Oliver Smith speaks to human rights lawyer Clive Stafford-Smith about wrongly-imprisoned UK citizen - June 4, 2018
- How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 - May 26, 2018
- “I thought there was a law against him dying” – celebrating the life of Sir Roger Moore NMC's Associate Editor reflects on the actor and humanitarian's life, one year after his death, and how it shaped his own - May 23, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Dear Mainstream Media, report things fairly and then you won’t have an uprising on your hands Also: is the Labour Party's anti-Semitism problems going to cost them power? - May 10, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Diane Abbott – the most moronic politician in Britain? - April 30, 2018