UK Independence Party leader Paul Nuttall is expected to be announced as the party’s candidate for the Stoke Central by-election.
ITV News have reported that they believe Nuttall, who was elected leader in November, was selected and an official announcement is expected to be made soon.
UKIP need to overturn a 5,000 majority held by the Labour Party in Stoke Central, dubbed ‘Brexit Central’ as approximately 65% of the city of Stoke in general voted to Leave the EU in last summer’s referendum. It’s believed that not only have UKIP prepared to launch a big campaign drive in Stoke, but will also have the help of Nigel Farage, who is due to attend the inauguration of President Elect Trump. It’s thought that Farage will aid Nuttall in the constituency in order to secure the seat, which would give the party its second MP in Westminster.
- WINTERGEDDON Panic strikes Britain after white stuff falls from sky - March 1, 2018
- SMITH: One year on, and UKIP still isn’t great again - October 28, 2017
- UK Independence Party Sport Spokesman to give university talk - October 26, 2017
- Kurten returns as UK Independence Party Education Spokesman The London AM tells NMC that members' support the reason for decision - October 25, 2017
- SMITH: The so-called British Broadcasting Corporation needs reform or else it will crumble - October 22, 2017