Controversial writer, speaker, and internet personality Milo Yiannopoulos has been banned from Twitter as of Tuesday evening. Can any of us really say we’re surprised? The exceedingly liberal team at twitter has been dreaming of this day since the contentious gay conservative first started to rise.
Personally, this has been a lot for me to take in. Milo Yiannopoulos was the reason I started writing. I loved reading his articles, and I thoroughly enjoyed his witty, mischievous, and provocative demeanor on Twitter. Had he not taken the time to make waves on twitter, I would not be writing this article today. While I will miss his presence on twitter, as any Milo fan knows, this is nowhere near the end of his legacy. He has routinely said that trying to censor him will only make him soar to greater heights, and past events have proven these statements to be accurate.
What Twitter doesn’t realize is that banning Milo from Twitter is the biggest gift they could ever give him, and I’m very excited to see how much his fan base increases. I’m really happy to see how much media attention he has received, but what I’m most delighted about is how Milo’s fans responded to this targeted censorship. The hashtag “#FreeMilo” started trending around midnight on Tuesday night, eventually reaching the number one spot, and continuing to trend until Wednesday afternoon.
— The Milo Show (@TheMiloShow) July 20, 2016
Over the next few months, we will see that as long as Milo has a pulse, the media will not be able to shut him up.
- Waking Up The West Ep. 4 Patreon Edition - January 5, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 48 “Discussing the JQ, The Jersey Question” - January 5, 2018
- A Medical Emergency and a Family in Need Olga & Andy Medical Fund - December 15, 2017
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 47 “Control Your Guns” Guest Pat Dixon - December 15, 2017
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 46 “The Slav-ation of The West” Guests Orwell N' Goode & Question Most Things - December 8, 2017