CBS Sports –
Jose Fernandez has died at age 24, the Marlins confirmed on Sunday morning.
Fernandez and two others were killed in an early-morning boating accident along the coast of Miami beach. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue reportedly received a call concerning a possible accident around 3 a.m. ET. Upon arrival, they found an overturned boat that had crashed into the rocks. Three bodies were subsequently discovered.
It’s sad whenever a 24-year-old loses their life. That Fernandez brought joy to so many with his talent and personality just compounds the effect. Besides, Fernandez also had an inspiring backstory, having left Cuba as a teenager. Nearly six years later, he would reunite with his grandmother in tear-jerking fashion.
- Twitter’s Crackdown Ramps Up Today - December 18, 2017
- Kentucky State Rep. Kills Self, Leaves Suicide Note - December 14, 2017
- Report: Saudi King To Step Down Next Week A source close to the Saudi king told the British Daily Mail in an exclusive interview that King Salman plans to step down and name his son, Mohammad bin Salman, as his heir; Bin Salman recently arrest more than 40 princes and senior ministers for alleged corruption—a move that shook the kingdom to its core. - November 17, 2017
- 13 House Republicans Vote Against Tax Bill - November 16, 2017
- Roy Moore Gives Gloria Allred 48 Hours to Release Yearbook, Demands Evidence Be Preserved - November 16, 2017