Sky Sports – Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has been given a 21-month jail sentence for tax evasion – but is unlikely to go to prison.
Messi and his father, Jorge, received the same sentence but under Spanish law a jail sentence under two years for a first-time non-violent crime can be served on probation, meaning they are unlikely to be imprisoned.
A Barcelona court found both men guilty of three counts of tax fraud. The sentence can be appealed through the Spanish supreme court, a statement said.
- Remembering My Brother Christopher - September 11, 2018
- Just One Example Of The Democrat’s Hypocrisy - September 6, 2018
- People Still Let Mainstream Media Manipulate Them - June 25, 2018
- CNN Host Who Was Bullied On Twitter By Clinton Staffer Hangs Self - June 8, 2018
- Robert De Niro Rips Trump At Tribeca - April 19, 2018