It has recently come to light that Kendrex Jermaine White, the young, black man suspected of the UT stabbing that left 3 injured and one dead, posted a video in 2012 entitled, Haitian Revolution. The video, a comedic, cheaply made piece replete with music lifted from The Dark Knight Rises and Deathnote, was discovered on Mr. White’s Youtube channel which has not been updated since 2015. In the film White is seen playing the role of a Haitian slave who incites a rebellion against tyrannical white overlords (slavers) who are played by a Hispanic man and a thin, black man wearing a Guy Fawkes mask respectively.
In the video Mr. White declares, “Alright my brethren, it is time to rebel against the white man. So much tyranny – so much hate – no more, no more!” This lends some credence to the idea that White’s stabbing spree was racially motivated – a case of life imitating art, if one can rightly describe the film as such.
The film may be viewed here.
- The Removal of Prospector Pete and the Inclination of Flat Ontologies Towards Historical Erasure Kaiter Enless, 9/22/18 - September 22, 2018
- Limbitless Solutions and the Future of Bionics 4/27/2018, by Kaiter Enless - April 28, 2018
- DMZ Peace Summit Fruitful; Kim Jong-un Declares North & South Koreans “the same people, the same blood” 4/27/18, by Kaiter Enless - April 27, 2018
- Airport Smart Glass Proves a Boon For The Photosensitive 4/25/2018, by Kaiter Enless - April 25, 2018
- Heavens to Mergatroyd’s “Hereditarian” Chart of Doom 4/22/18, by Kaiter Enless - April 22, 2018