After the shocking attack upon OSU, carried out by the Somali Islamic dogmatist, Abdul Ali Razak Artan, Ohio Governor, John Kasich signed into law (in what seems like race to see just how much legislative action he can press upon his state in the shortest amount of time) a bill which would allow what many Americans deem unthinkable, the ability to carry concealed arms on college campuses. The bill, titled SB 199, (which you can read here sb199_04_PH) would allow concealed carry on not just college campuses but also in a wide variety of public arenas, such as airports and daycare centers.
However, the bill features some caveats, much like the established Ohio law which allows concealed carry on campuses but allows colleges to opt-out if they so chose, so too does Kasich’s bill allow individual businesses to opt-out, if they should so decide. Therefore a great deal of the hubbub surrounding the bill falls flat – it’s not as if the state is going to force private daycare centers to admit those who are armed to the teeth.
Yet, there are some major changes, for after all, if the only thing SB 199 did was allow businesses to opt-out of the program then it might as well not have been passed given that the campus laws already in place would have done basically the same thing. The bill fixes this problem by making it illegal for businesses to ban handgun owners from carrying live arms in their parking lots.
The bill will take effect in under 90 days.
Follow Kaiter online here
- TLC REPORT: US & IRANIAN GEO-STRATEGY, PRT. 3 by Kaiter Enless, 1/16/18 - January 16, 2018
- TLC REPORT: US & IRANIAN GEO-STRATEGY, PRT. 2 - January 14, 2018
- TLC REPORT: US & IRANIAN GEO-STRATEGY, PRT. 1 - January 14, 2018
- President Trump Throws Former Strategist, Steve Bannon Under The Bus by Kaiter Enless, 1/3/18 - January 3, 2018
- Popular Youtuber, Cynthia G Declares White People “Devils With No Culture” - December 6, 2017