Public schools should be safe havens for equity, fairness, justice, honesty, integrity, transparency, and quality educational opportunities. – Justice For Jasmine Facebook “About” Page
Jasmine Shepard, a afro-American valedictorian and student, is filing a lawsuit (in conjunction with her mother, Sherry Shepard) against her Mississippi school district due to a claimed discrepancy with her and another student’s GPA. Ms. Sherry Shepard claims that her daughter and a white student were named co-valedictorians despite the fact that the white student had a lower GPA. Ms. Shepard also claims that her daughter was placed behind the white student who was allowed to speak during their 2016 graduation first. This, apparently, Ms. Shepard construed as racial discrimination. A old phrase leaps instantly to mind – mountains out of molehills.
The lawsuit was recently filed in the North District of Mississippi and makes a first in the region’s history. The motivation behind the suit is clearly racial as the lawsuit itself makes clear. It reads:
Prior to 2016, all of Cleveland High School’s valedictorians were white – As a result of the school official’s unprecedented action of making an African-American student share the valedictorian award with a white student, the defendants discriminated against.
The Cleveland School district has since issued a public response that is suitably fitting, calling the lawsuit, “Frivolous,” and asserting that Ms. Shepard is mistaken about her GPA claim, stating that both students had the exact same GPA.
Someone is clearly lying.
- DISCORD HOAXERS HOODWINK ABC, NYT 2/17/18 - February 17, 2018
- ADL Exploits Parkland Shooting For Political Points – Declares Cruz “White Nationalist” 2/15/18 - February 15, 2018
- TLC REPORT: US & IRANIAN GEO-STRATEGY, PRT. 3 by Kaiter Enless, 1/16/18 - January 16, 2018
- TLC REPORT: US & IRANIAN GEO-STRATEGY, PRT. 2 - January 14, 2018
- TLC REPORT: US & IRANIAN GEO-STRATEGY, PRT. 1 - January 14, 2018