The Malibu council, in Los Angeles county voted 3-2 to become a sanctuary city.
From the LA Times:
The discussion inside Malibu City Hall over whether to become a sanctuary city last week bore the usual hallmarks of the heated national debate over illegal immigration.
While some residents praised the proposal, others blamed those who are in the country illegally for crime and called the move a thinly disguised rebuke of President Trump.
But it being Malibu, there was a celebrity twist. The idea was inspired by one of the town’s many famous residents: actor Martin Sheen. In December, he grabbed the lectern during a City Council meeting and — as if conjuring his inner President Josiah Bartlet from “The West Wing” — urged the city to become a sanctuary city.
Malibu is about 92% white and one of L.A. County’s wealthiest cities. Everyone agrees the city has workers who are not authorized to be in the United States, and they tend to serve the food at upscale eateries, clean the beachside mansions, look after children and keep the landscaping looking lush.
Liberals love to talk about “white privilege” and “wealth inequality.” With one of the nation’s whitest and richest cities making sure they can keep their low income illegal citizens to do their laundry and pack their children’s lunches, one would think at least one liberal would notice the hypocrisy. Nope, either their they can’t see the forest for the trees, or it’s something bigger.
Leftists hold the monopoly of authority, morality, and basically every other social construct in existence, and all the future ones they dream up. They will never admit wrongdoing or the destructive nature of their policies and decisions, political or otherwise.
It’s going to take a lot more than a super-majority in Washington to turn things around, but for now, Martin Sheen and his HIV-spreading, coke addict son can breath a sigh of relief. They, and other hypocrite liberals can continue to hold the moral high ground while their illegal help hold their babies.
- Democrat Mega-Donor Tied To Hillary, John Podesta & Soros Now Target of Sexual Assault Investigation - January 30, 2018
- Twitter’s Crackdown Ramps Up Today - December 18, 2017
- Kentucky State Rep. Kills Self, Leaves Suicide Note - December 14, 2017
- Report: Saudi King To Step Down Next Week A source close to the Saudi king told the British Daily Mail in an exclusive interview that King Salman plans to step down and name his son, Mohammad bin Salman, as his heir; Bin Salman recently arrest more than 40 princes and senior ministers for alleged corruption—a move that shook the kingdom to its core. - November 17, 2017
- 13 House Republicans Vote Against Tax Bill - November 16, 2017