Daily Caller- The Federal Election Commission (FEC) fined Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign $14,500 for accepting illegal in-kind foreign contributions from the Australian Labor Party (ALP) during the 2016 elections.
The ruling stems from a February 2016, conservative activist group Project Veritas video showing Australian nationals working for the Sanders campaign on the dime of the Australian taxpayer funded ALP.
Republican and former New Hampshire House speaker William O’Brien filed a complaint with the FEC shortly after Project Veritas made the footage public, alleging the ALP had made “prohibited foreign contributions” to the Sanders campaign, according to WMUR.
The FEC levied the fine against the Sanders campaign in a Feb. 2016-issued conciliation agreement.
The ALP contacted the Sanders campaign according to the FEC and asked permission to allow Australian nationals to be inserted into the campaign as volunteers. The Sanders campaign accepted the ALP’s request, despite knowing the ALP would be paying Australians a daily stipend in addition to covering the cost of their flights to the United States.
While volunteering with the Sanders campaign, the Australians engaged in political activities “including encouraging voter attendance at campaign events, recruiting volunteers, canvassing with volunteers, and planning events,” according to the FEC.
Continue at The Daily Caller
- Democrats Are Trying To Steal Florida’s Elections Rubio Warns Florida’s Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes, head of Broward County’s election board, has repeatedly been accused of misconduct - November 9, 2018
- Thousand Oaks Gunman Identified Shooter Was Ian David Long, A military veteran - November 8, 2018
- Reporter Fired After Trashing GOP Michigan Senate Candidate John James On Voicemail - November 6, 2018
- MSNBC REPORTER MARIANA ATENCIO USES HANDICAPPED PARKING SPOT FOR LIVE SHOT Disabled Vet Needed Parking Spot Early Voting - November 5, 2018
- My First Vote - November 4, 2018