Former UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage has today visited the Ecuadorian embassy in Knightsbridge, London.
Mr Farage was seen leaving the building with Christian Mitchell, a producer from LBC, the radio station Mr Farage presents a four-nights-a-week call-in programme for, but refused to confirm to journalists upon his exit whether he was there to visit Wikileaks founder Julian Assange or not. When questioned, Mr Farage said was quoted as saying: “I never discuss where I go or who I see.”
Mr Assange has lived in political asylum at the Ecuadorian embassy since 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden where has been accused of sexual assault in 2010. Mr Farage has recently waded into the debate on President Trump’s comments, and subsequent conflicting media coverage, of the supposed crime waves in the Scandinavian country. The President, who is known to be a fan of Wikileaks, has met Mr Farage several times since his election victory and subsequent inauguration, and the former UKIP leader has been regarded as something of a confidant to the President in the media.
Mr Assange and the Wikileaks website has this week been in the news for publishing apparently documents purporting to show how the CIA are able to hack into various forms of technology, including smartphones and smart TVs.
Many media outlets are reporting that Mr Farage was there to conduct an interview with Mr Assange for LBC, but this has yet to be confirmed. On his show last night, Mr Farage said he would be presenting tonight’s edition from Brussels.
- “UNCONSCIONABLE” – Krishna Maharaj’s 30-year battle for freedom NMC's Jack Oliver Smith speaks to human rights lawyer Clive Stafford-Smith about wrongly-imprisoned UK citizen - June 4, 2018
- How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 - May 26, 2018
- “I thought there was a law against him dying” – celebrating the life of Sir Roger Moore NMC's Associate Editor reflects on the actor and humanitarian's life, one year after his death, and how it shaped his own - May 23, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Dear Mainstream Media, report things fairly and then you won’t have an uprising on your hands Also: is the Labour Party's anti-Semitism problems going to cost them power? - May 10, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Diane Abbott – the most moronic politician in Britain? - April 30, 2018