OSLO (AFP) –
A court in Norway on Monday refused to provide assurances to US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden that he would not be extradited if he visits the country to accept an award in November.
Snowden, who has been living in exile in Russia since 2013 after revealing widespread US foreign surveillance, filed a civil lawsuit against the Norwegian justice ministry in April to prevent it, in advance, from acting on any extradition request.
The Norwegian branch of the PEN Club has invited Snowden to collect the Ossietzky prize for freedom of expression on November 18.
But Snowden fears he will be extradited to the United States if he travels to Norway.
Story continues here.
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 56 w/ Orwell N’Goode - July 11, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 55 Snoop Dogg The Bounty Hunter Ian & Sal Return - July 8, 2018
- Won’t Somebody Please Think of the Children - June 19, 2018
- Memestream : Ian Erickson One of Orwell N’Goodes Weekly Shows - June 8, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 54 “America’s New Pastor” Guest: Ricky Vaughn - March 28, 2018