Dow Worst December Since Nice Melancholy – Worst Week in 10 Years – Down four,387 Factors Since Fed Reserve Threats in October
The Dow Jones was down one other 415 factors on Friday over threats of a authorities shutdown.
This was the worst week for the market in ten years.
Shares plunged once more on Friday, bringing the Dow Jones Industrial Common’s losses for the week to almost 7 p.c and ending its worst week because the monetary disaster in 2008. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell right into a bear market and the S&P 500 was getting ready to one itself, down practically 18 p.c from its report earlier this yr.
The Federal Reserve’s fee hike on Wednesday drove the losses this week and fears of an prolonged authorities shutdown solely added to the ache on Friday.
The markets are having their worst December because the Nice Melancholy.
The Dow is now down four,387 since its final excessive on October third.
This was additionally the day Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell promised a number of extra upcoming fee hikes to sluggish the financial system.
The financial system was too scorching beneath President Trump — The Fed needed to act.
The DOW reached one other all-time excessive on October third reaching 26,829. It was up for the 103rd time since Donald Trump was elected President and 46% because the November 2016 election.
This was clearly an excessive amount of for the Fed’s Powell who then scared buyers together with his message that he’ll increase charges effectively into subsequent yr.
Greater than $four Trillion in Wealth has been erased since then!
Trump higher hearth Jerome Powell or HE WILL BE a one-term president.
- NYC bookstore prints titles in minutes using 3D technology - February 16, 2019
- Report: Chicago Police Believe Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men to Stage Attack - February 16, 2019
- Group Of 10 Elite Hedge Fund Managers Made $7.7 Billion In 2018 - February 16, 2019
- Bloodsports videos taken down from Facebook and YouTube - February 16, 2019
- BREAKING: Nigerian Bros Purchased the Rope Found Around Jussie Smollett’s Neck From Ace Hardware - February 16, 2019