Ted Cruz gave a prepared speech at the RNC. Did he promise to change-up the speech right before he spoke? I am unsure because Newt Gingrich had to go off prompter to do damage control. What was on Gingrich’s teleprompter reportedly was this:
Good thing Newt was nimble enough not to just read this off the prompter! pic.twitter.com/PbjXEjyx9t
— Phil Kerpen (@kerpen) July 21, 2016
It is blurry but it reads:
“Senator Ted Cruz in particular made the key point that we need to elect the Trump-Pence Republican ticket
Regardless of the authenticity of the photograph Gingrich never said those words but instead covered up for what seems to be Cruz’s Machiavellian actions.
“I think you misunderstood one paragraph. He said Cruz asserted that “you can vote your conscience for anyone who will uphold the Constitution,”. And that means a vote for Trump, he added “in this election, there is only one candidate who will uphold the Constitution. So, to paraphrase Ted Cruz, if you want to uphold the Constitution of the United States, the only candidate this fall is the Trump-Pence ticket.”
Nevertheless, people felt betrayed. CNN reports donors yelling and one having to be restrained:
— Dylan Byers (@DylanByers) July 21, 2016
Was this a sly move by Ted Cruz to shake up the RNC? Or was it a misunderstanding about what his actions were going to be between the time he handed the speech to the GOP and when he actually gave the speech? He did call out the NY delegation by name. He has made past remarks denigrating people who call New York home.
Will update if more information comes in.
- Principal in Nebraska not a Pal of Christmas - December 7, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 65 Guest Pat Dixon - December 5, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 63 “Insane Caravan Posse” Guest Zidan - October 23, 2018
- The Patriarchy Show Episode 62 “Twitter Trolling 101” Guest Spicci - October 19, 2018
- Saudi That May Have Help Kill Journalist Jamal Khashoggi Dies in Car Crash - October 18, 2018