Diane James has left the UK Independence Party just over two months after being elected leader.
Ms James was elected on September 16th at the party’s conference in Bournemouth only to resign 18 days later.
Ms James will continue as a Member of the European Parliament as an Independent.
Statement from Diane James on becoming an Independent Member of the European Parliament. pic.twitter.com/VavCHx28AM
— Diane James (@DianeJamesMEP) November 21, 2016
Ms James’s replacement will be announced at the Emmanuel Centre, London, on November 28th.
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Nigel is back and not a moment too soon - August 18, 2018
- UKIP’s youth wing preparing for its biggest event yet #YIRevival conference announced for November 10th - August 17, 2018
- Guardian columnist calls on radio station to “dump” “far-right extremist” Farage - July 24, 2018
- “UNCONSCIONABLE” – Krishna Maharaj’s 30-year battle for freedom NMC's Jack Oliver Smith speaks to human rights lawyer Clive Stafford-Smith about wrongly-imprisoned UK citizen - June 4, 2018
- How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 - May 26, 2018