Diane James has left the UK Independence Party just over two months after being elected leader.
Ms James was elected on September 16th at the party’s conference in Bournemouth only to resign 18 days later.
Ms James will continue as a Member of the European Parliament as an Independent.
Statement from Diane James on becoming an Independent Member of the European Parliament. pic.twitter.com/VavCHx28AM
— Diane James (@DianeJamesMEP) November 21, 2016
Ms James’s replacement will be announced at the Emmanuel Centre, London, on November 28th.
- SMITH: One year on, and UKIP still isn’t great again - October 28, 2017
- UK Independence Party Sport Spokesman to give university talk - October 26, 2017
- Kurten returns as UK Independence Party Education Spokesman The London AM tells NMC that members' support the reason for decision - October 25, 2017
- SMITH: The so-called British Broadcasting Corporation needs reform or else it will crumble - October 22, 2017
- Kurten absent as Bolton unveils UK Independence Party shadow cabinet Had been promised Deputy Leader role - October 18, 2017