Diane James has left the UK Independence Party just over two months after being elected leader.
Ms James was elected on September 16th at the party’s conference in Bournemouth only to resign 18 days later.
Ms James will continue as a Member of the European Parliament as an Independent.
Statement from Diane James on becoming an Independent Member of the European Parliament. pic.twitter.com/VavCHx28AM
— Diane James (@DianeJamesMEP) November 21, 2016
Ms James’s replacement will be announced at the Emmanuel Centre, London, on November 28th.
- “UNCONSCIONABLE” – Krishna Maharaj’s 30-year battle for freedom NMC's Jack Oliver Smith speaks to human rights lawyer Clive Stafford-Smith about wrongly-imprisoned UK citizen - June 4, 2018
- How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 - May 26, 2018
- “I thought there was a law against him dying” – celebrating the life of Sir Roger Moore NMC's Associate Editor reflects on the actor and humanitarian's life, one year after his death, and how it shaped his own - May 23, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Dear Mainstream Media, report things fairly and then you won’t have an uprising on your hands Also: is the Labour Party's anti-Semitism problems going to cost them power? - May 10, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Diane Abbott – the most moronic politician in Britain? - April 30, 2018