Diane James has left the UK Independence Party just over two months after being elected leader.
Ms James was elected on September 16th at the party’s conference in Bournemouth only to resign 18 days later.
Ms James will continue as a Member of the European Parliament as an Independent.
Statement from Diane James on becoming an Independent Member of the European Parliament. pic.twitter.com/VavCHx28AM
— Diane James (@DianeJamesMEP) November 21, 2016
Ms James’s replacement will be announced at the Emmanuel Centre, London, on November 28th.
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Are today’s celebrities under pressure to be liberal mouthpieces? - April 20, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Gerard Batten elected new UKIP leader MEP for London elected 'unopposed' - April 14, 2018
- WINTERGEDDON Panic strikes Britain after white stuff falls from sky - March 1, 2018
- SMITH: One year on, and UKIP still isn’t great again - October 28, 2017
- UK Independence Party Sport Spokesman to give university talk - October 26, 2017