The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission had mishandled the case of Jack Phillips, a Christian baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. The court decided that the Civil Rights Commission had violated Mr. Phillips religious rights under the First Amendment of the Constitution.
The justices 7-2 decision comes within weeks of Kansas and Oklahoma passing legislation which allows state-licensed child welfare agencies to cite religious beliefs for not placing children in LGBT homes, another victory for freedom of religion and association.
Today #SCOTUS guaranteed reelection of Pres. @realDonaldTrump by protecting religious right of baker to not participate in a gay wedding. @POTUS promised to protect religious liberty. This is the most consequential ex. of "promise made, promise kept." Thank you, President Trump!
— Dr. Robert Jeffress (@robertjeffress) June 4, 2018
Justice Kennedy wrote in the Phillips decision that, “The neutral and respectful consideration to which Phillips was entitled was compromised here…The Civil Rights Commission’s treatment of his case has some elements of a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs that motivated his objection.”
BREAKING: #SCOTUS rules in Masterpiece Cakeshop that the Colorado Civil Rights Commission's actions violated the Free Exercise Clause. Justice Kennedy writes the opinion of the court. Only Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissent.
— Chris Geidner (@chrisgeidner) June 4, 2018
This is a huge victory for Christians who have faced discrimination and ruin at the hands of LGBT groups who have targeted their businesses, often not stopping there but also going after their friends and families, placing their lives in danger for standing up for their religious freedoms and principles.
This ruling is part of a greater trend toward traditional values and American freedoms which saw the election of Donald Trump in 2016 as well as increased attendance in America for traditional Christian churches and associations.
- CNN Money Reads Like a 13-Year-Old Girl’s Blog Post CNN, Butthurt by Info Wars Superior Ratings, Moans and Gloats Over Moves From Apple Against Free Speech - August 6, 2018
- Yes! You CAN Homeschool! You don't need a teaching degree or a lot of money. All you need is love, an internet connection and a desire to give your kids the best! - July 30, 2018
- Baby Born in Chick-Fil-A Bathroom, Caught by Dad, Wrapped in Trump T-shirt Conservative baby makes a dramatic entrance! - July 19, 2018
- Remember Them: 100 Years Ago Today the Russian Royal Family Was Brutally Assassinated Why We Must Stay Vigilant Against The Ideology That Killed Them - July 16, 2018
- “Another F&*%ing White Male”: Trump Picks Brett Kavanaugh for #SCOTUS Nominee. #SCOTUSPick "We WILL replace you." Twitter accounts vow to demographically and legally take the country from white, Christian, males. - July 9, 2018