Daily Caller- Thousands of people protested against an alleged “white supremacist” rally in Boston on Saturday.
Multiple outlets, journalists, politicians and other public figures declared that the event that drew an estimated 40,000 people to protest against was racist in nature.
ThinkProgress covered the rally with this headline, “White supremacist rally fizzles, overtaken by massive anti-racism march.” The story mocked the idea that it was a “free speech” rally, stated that there it would draw “attendees from the same white supremacist groups that marched on Charlottesville last weekend,” and that some Klansmen had announced they would attend the rally.
In a viral tweet that was retweeted over 50,000 times, musician Mikel Jollet said, “The hate speech rally in Boston has about 100 white supremacists and TWENTY THOUSAND peaceful protestors…”
The mayor of Boston, Marty Walsh, also stated that the event was intended to spread a “message of hate.”
In response to conservative commentator Ben Shapiro’s skepticism that the rally was white supremacist, Politico Magazine editor-in-chief Blake Hounshell cited the fact that there was one man in attendance who wore a shirt celebrating the “14 words” — a popular neo-Nazi slogan.
However, by all appearances, the Boston free speech rally was not white supremacist. The organizers of the event denounced racism prior to Saturday and dropped the one speaker who had any involvement with the alt-right rally in Charlottesville last week.
- Similar Apps Like TweakBox – Full Guide - January 19, 2019
- The Manufacturer - January 11, 2019
- Wilkesboro Home Schoolers Save On Tax Free Weekend - January 8, 2019
- “But, Real Socialism Has Never Been Tried” - December 18, 2018
- WikiLeaks Dismisses Gaurdian News That Manafort Held Secret Talks With Assange In Ecuadorian Embassy Guardian says Trump ally met WikiLeaks founder months before emails hacked by Russia were published - November 27, 2018