Milwaukee, Wisconsin – An officer-involved shooting on Saturday afternoon prompted a massive riot in Milwaukee. Word about the shooting quickly spread on social media about a white officer who shot a black man in the back while running away. It is no surprise that the information that was spread by agitators on social media was entirely false.
The officer involved in the shooting was a black police officer, and he had his body camera on at the time of the shooting. The suspect, Sylville Smith, 23, was indeed black, but he wasn’t shot while just running away.
Sylville Smith had a long criminal history which included reckless endangerment stemming from a shooting and witness intimidation in 2015. Those charges against Smith were later dismissed, despite the prosecutors having recorded audio where Smith told his girlfriend to pressure a witness of the shooting to recant. The failure to prosecute Smith left him on the street to victimize more people.
The information about the body camera footage and the officer’s race will unlikely have any impact Black Lives Matter rioters. Historically, Black Lives Matter doubles-down when they are wrong, rather than backing off.
- CNN Host Who Was Bullied On Twitter By Clinton Staffer Hangs Self - June 8, 2018
- Robert De Niro Rips Trump At Tribeca - April 19, 2018
- A Theory Regarding The Bombing of Syria 4/14/18, by Sal - April 15, 2018
- Booker Grills Pompeo While Hoping Folks Forget His Own Actions - April 12, 2018
- The Sandmen Are Here - April 9, 2018