Beefeaters on the Tower of London are happening strike for the primary time in 55 years in a row over their pensions.
Jewel home wardens and workers will picket at a few of the UK’s historic royal palaces together with the Tower of London and Hampton Court docket Palace.
About 120 workers are being moved from ultimate wage pensions onto an “inferior” mannequin, the GMB union stated.
“None of our websites shall be closing consequently” stated John Barnes, chief govt of Historic Royal Palaces.
The three-hour walkouts will even happen at Kensington Palace from 11:30 GMT on Friday, 28 December and a pair of January.
Mr Barnes stated: “We now have already supplied substantial compensation and transition preparations to the 11% of our workers who’re affected.
“The advantages they’ve already accrued shall be totally protected, and they are going to be transferred onto the identical aggressive outlined contribution scheme as the opposite 89% of their colleagues in April 2019.”
The strike “is not going to change our resolution”, Mr Barnes added.
The GMB stated 91% of its members supported strolling out after a turnout of 88%.
Michael Ainsley, GMB regional organiser, stated: “Historic Royal Palaces are leaping on a bandwagon which is seeing employers participating in a race to the underside, ending good ultimate wage schemes and changing them with dangerous cheaper outlined contribution schemes.
“GMB members nonetheless at this late stage are prepared to speak to Historic Royal Palaces however the silence is deafening.”
- US Navy Veteran Detained in Iran Gets 10 Years in Prison, Lawyer Says - March 18, 2019
- Brexit: Jeremy Hunt says a ‘lot more work’ needed to get deal through - March 18, 2019
- Lyft Expects To Raise Up To $2.1 Billion As IPO Roadshow Begins - March 18, 2019
- Trump Gives GM Ultimatum: Reopen Closed Lordstown, Ohio, Plant - March 18, 2019
- US to ground all Boeing 737 MAX 8 and 9 jets in wake of crash [Updated] - March 18, 2019