The Verge- Atari started teasing its Ataribox at E3 this year, promising a “brand new Atari product.” While we saw a 20-second YouTube teaser that hinted the Ataribox would be housed in wood like the 2600, the video game maker has not provided many details about the console until today. Atari is now teasing more, including what the Ataribox looks like.
In an email to Atari fans, the company reveals “our objective is to create something new, that stays true to our heritage, while appealing to both old and new fans of Atari.” The new Ataribox is clearly inspired by the classic wood found on the Atari 2600, and the new console features ribbed lines, a raised back, and a front panel that can either be glass or wood. Indicator lights glow through these materials, and Atari is including SD card support, a HDMI port, and four USB ports on the Ataribox. Two versions of the Ataribox will be released, one in wood, and one in black / red.
Atari isn’t providing any more information on pricing, release dates, game content, or even full specs right now. “We know you are hungry for more details; on specs, games, pricing, timing,” reads an Atari statement. “We’re not teasing you intentionally; we want to get this right, so we’ve opted to share things step by step as we bring this to life, and to listen closely to the Atari community feedback as we do so.”
- Twitter’s Crackdown Ramps Up Today - December 18, 2017
- Kentucky State Rep. Kills Self, Leaves Suicide Note - December 14, 2017
- Report: Saudi King To Step Down Next Week A source close to the Saudi king told the British Daily Mail in an exclusive interview that King Salman plans to step down and name his son, Mohammad bin Salman, as his heir; Bin Salman recently arrest more than 40 princes and senior ministers for alleged corruption—a move that shook the kingdom to its core. - November 17, 2017
- 13 House Republicans Vote Against Tax Bill - November 16, 2017
- Roy Moore Gives Gloria Allred 48 Hours to Release Yearbook, Demands Evidence Be Preserved - November 16, 2017