Daily Caller – New York Democratic Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Sunday compared members of the migrant caravan attempting to enter the United States to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany during the Holocaust.
Members of the caravan on Sunday rushed the border at the San Ysidro port of entry, which connects Tijuana, Mexico and San Diego, California.
In a tweet, she stated, “Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime.”
“It wasn’t for Jewish families fleeing Germany. It wasn’t for targeted families fleeing Rwanda. It wasn’t for communities fleeing war-torn Syria. And it isn’t for those fleeing violence in Central America,” she added.
Some of the caravan members reportedly threw rocks at American authorities before tear gas was used.
- Biden ‘Totally’ Asked Obama Not To Endorse 2020 Run — Though Michael Avenatti Is On Board - April 25, 2019
- Texas Border City Mayor Arrested on Voter Fraud Charges - April 25, 2019
- In meeting with Twitter chief, Trump complains about lost followers - April 25, 2019
- Vandals Smash Windows at Headquarters of Vox Populist Party in Madrid, Spain - April 25, 2019
- RSPCA rescues 4,000 exotic pets in one year - April 25, 2019