Daily Caller – New York Democratic Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Sunday compared members of the migrant caravan attempting to enter the United States to Jews fleeing Nazi Germany during the Holocaust.
Members of the caravan on Sunday rushed the border at the San Ysidro port of entry, which connects Tijuana, Mexico and San Diego, California.
In a tweet, she stated, “Asking to be considered a refugee & applying for status isn’t a crime.”
“It wasn’t for Jewish families fleeing Germany. It wasn’t for targeted families fleeing Rwanda. It wasn’t for communities fleeing war-torn Syria. And it isn’t for those fleeing violence in Central America,” she added.
Some of the caravan members reportedly threw rocks at American authorities before tear gas was used.
- The Nightmare Fairyland Of The Green New Dealers - February 20, 2019
- Shamima Begum case: How do you deradicalise someone? - February 20, 2019
- Pew Research: 1-in-10 U.S. Voters in 2020 Election Will Be Foreign-Born - February 20, 2019
- Buchanan: Why Autocrats Are Replacing Democrats - February 20, 2019
- Shamima Begum will not be allowed here, Bangladesh says - February 20, 2019