Directors have been appointed to the house owners of a troubled West Lothian pc manufacturing unit.
Staff at Kaiam’s Livingston plant have been invited to attend a gathering on Monday to debate the way forward for the enterprise.
Earlier this week, they had been warned that they weren’t being paid on time due to cash-flow issues. The manufacturing unit employs about 300 individuals.
They had been additionally informed that they weren’t required for work earlier than three January.
Blair Nimmo and Alistair McAlinden of KPMG have been appointed as joint directors of Kaiam Europe Restricted (KEL) and Kaiam UK Restricted.
Mr Nimmo mentioned: “That is clearly very upsetting information for the entire employees at KEL, significantly presently of 12 months.
“Our first precedence is to satisfy with the corporate’s workers and talk what these administration appointments imply for them, which we’re aiming to do on Monday afternoon.
He added: “We’re exploring a sale of the enterprise and are working with Scottish Enterprise, Expertise Growth Scotland and West Lothian Council to supply a full vary of help to the corporate’s workers as this course of takes place. We’d encourage any events to contact us as quickly as attainable.”
KEL is a subsidiary of Kaiam Company, a US-based organisation which manufactures elements used for high-speed knowledge switch between a number of servers at knowledge centres.
The mum or dad firm isn’t affected by the appointment of directors at its European operation.
In 2014, the agency was given a £850,000 Scottish Enterprise grant to relocate a few of its manufacturing from a website in China to Livingston.
- NYC bookstore prints titles in minutes using 3D technology - February 16, 2019
- Report: Chicago Police Believe Jussie Smollett Paid Two Men to Stage Attack - February 16, 2019
- Group Of 10 Elite Hedge Fund Managers Made $7.7 Billion In 2018 - February 16, 2019
- Bloodsports videos taken down from Facebook and YouTube - February 16, 2019
- BREAKING: Nigerian Bros Purchased the Rope Found Around Jussie Smollett’s Neck From Ace Hardware - February 16, 2019