Sam Gould is the Chairman of UKIP’s Caerphilly branch and was the area’s candidate at the 2015 General Election. He also works for the party’s MEP Nathan Gill and is known to many in the party for his loyalty and hard work. I have never met Sam but have spoken to him regarding stories related to the party and has always been a courteous and generous help to me.
This week, Sam was diagnosed with bowel cancer which has spread. Sam is 33, with a wife and three children, and his bravery in the face of such crushing news is admirable. I know I certainly would not be as stoic as he has been. It’s testimony to his character that many people in the party, even those he politically disagrees with, have sent their messages of support.
Everyone at New Media Central would like to offer Sam and his family our best wishes, our support and hope that he makes a swift and full recovery.
You can follow Sam on Twitter @GouldSam. For anyone worried or interested in further info, please visit www.beatingbowelcancer.org.
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Are today’s celebrities under pressure to be liberal mouthpieces? - April 20, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: Gerard Batten elected new UKIP leader MEP for London elected 'unopposed' - April 14, 2018
- WINTERGEDDON Panic strikes Britain after white stuff falls from sky - March 1, 2018
- SMITH: One year on, and UKIP still isn’t great again - October 28, 2017
- UK Independence Party Sport Spokesman to give university talk - October 26, 2017