Sam Gould is the Chairman of UKIP’s Caerphilly branch and was the area’s candidate at the 2015 General Election. He also works for the party’s MEP Nathan Gill and is known to many in the party for his loyalty and hard work. I have never met Sam but have spoken to him regarding stories related to the party and has always been a courteous and generous help to me.
This week, Sam was diagnosed with bowel cancer which has spread. Sam is 33, with a wife and three children, and his bravery in the face of such crushing news is admirable. I know I certainly would not be as stoic as he has been. It’s testimony to his character that many people in the party, even those he politically disagrees with, have sent their messages of support.
Everyone at New Media Central would like to offer Sam and his family our best wishes, our support and hope that he makes a swift and full recovery.
You can follow Sam on Twitter @GouldSam. For anyone worried or interested in further info, please visit www.beatingbowelcancer.org.
- “UNCONSCIONABLE” – Krishna Maharaj’s 30-year battle for freedom NMC's Jack Oliver Smith speaks to human rights lawyer Clive Stafford-Smith about wrongly-imprisoned UK citizen - June 4, 2018
- How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 How to Fix NVIDIA Installer failed issue in Windows 10 - May 26, 2018
- “I thought there was a law against him dying” – celebrating the life of Sir Roger Moore NMC's Associate Editor reflects on the actor and humanitarian's life, one year after his death, and how it shaped his own - May 23, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Dear Mainstream Media, report things fairly and then you won’t have an uprising on your hands Also: is the Labour Party's anti-Semitism problems going to cost them power? - May 10, 2018
- SMITH’S SOAPBOX: Diane Abbott – the most moronic politician in Britain? - April 30, 2018